Installation files (latest):
Select the Downloads page for:
- The main Windows Setup.exe
- The current Installation Guide
- For systems running Windows 7 (only), a driver is required for the Datalogic scanners
- Other support documents
Each site (hospital, community facility) has a unique ID which is loaded into ezFMD during the installation, as described in the guide. If you do not have the required site-specific XML file for your location, please contact us from your work account and we will provide it. (For details on how to contact the IMVO to obtain credentials, see this link.)
If undertaking an installation, it is recommended to download the latest version. Typically, an installation should take circa 5 to 10 minutes. If a Windows 7 PC required the installation of the later .NET Run-time, which can add a delay.
We recommend the following hardware and software on which to use ezFMD:
- PCs running Windows 10 (preferred) or Windows 7.
(Older versions such as XP are not supported.)
- Any 2D barcode scanner with support for Serial over USB mode and a suitable device driver. (For Windows 10, the built-in driver works well for many barcode readers.) Datalogic 2400 series scanners (QD2430, QM2430) are additionally supported with audio feedback on the success or otherwise of each scan, which can speed throughput.
For certain scanner models, audio feedback on the pass or failure result of the authentication test for each pack is available, allowing the operative to scan through many packs without regular reference to the screen. (A distinctive sound is made for any pack with an Amber or Red status.) This is currently supported on the Datalogic QD2430 and the QM2430, the models most widely used in FMD in Ireland.
Installation of ezFMD
In a typical organisation, the person familiar with the IT system will install the software.
A nationwide installation service is available for those wishing to avail of it. This can be provided online or onsite.