There are several resources on this menu option. The main resources relate to:
Installation files (latest):
Select the Downloads page for:
- The main Windows Setup.exe
- The current Installation Guide
- For systems running Windows 7 (only), a driver is required for the Datalogic scanners
- Other support documents
Each site (hospital, community pharmacy, wholesaler) has a unique ID which is loaded into ezFMD during the installation the first time it is installed on a PC, as described in the guide. If you do not have the required site-specific XML file for your location, please contact us from your work account and we will provide it.
If undertaking an installation, it is recommended to download the latest version. Typically, an installation should take circa 5 to 10 minutes. If a Windows 7 PC required the installation of the later .NET Run-time, this can add a delay.
We recommend the following hardware and software on which to use ezFMD:
- PCs running Windows 10 (preferred) (64-bit or 32-bit) or Windows 7 (32-bit).
(Older versions such as XP are not supported.)
- Such PCs do not need a high specification and a minimum of 2Gb RAM and minimal local storage of circa 300Mb is required for the installation and any local cache files. Naturally, an Internet connection is required, with access to the NVO and the databases – see the Firewall tab in the menu for full details if you operate an elaborate firewall.
- A Datalogic 2D barcode scanner with support for Serial over USB mode enabled. For Windows 10, the built-in driver works well for many barcode readers. A suitable device driver, if Windows 7 is used. (See above for a Datalogic driver download details.)
For Datalogic scanner models as used in many sites, audio feedback on the pass or failure result of the authentication test for each pack is available, allowing the operative to scan through many packs without regular reference to the screen. (A distinctive sound is made for any pack with an Amber or Red status.) This is currently supported on the Datalogic QM2430 (wireless) and QD2430 (wired), the models most widely used in FMD in Ireland. For scanner setup, see the Scanner page.